Want to alert somebody, but the beep of an incoming text message is not loud enough? Or maybe get a voice notification of some event?
Update: Zapier also has an integration with Twilio voice calls. Making such Zap requires having your own Twilio account.
With the help of Fortytwo.com, you can now make a voice call with a pre-defined text-to-speech function.
First, go to fortytwo.com and open an account. This will be a free trial account, giving you 1 € free balance and the ability to call your own number.
- to be able to call virtually any number, you can upgrade to a paid account and add funds (50 € minimum).
After signing up, take note of your Fortytwo.com API token.
Next, proceed to configure your bttn action at my.bt.tn:
1 – Sign in at my.bt.tn
2 – Select a bttn and click ‘Action’
3 – Select HTTP action and execute when bttn is pressed
4 – Enter URL
5 - Select http method POST
6 - Select argument format application/json and copy-paste the following content to the arguments text field
"tts_text":"Your text goes here"
7 – Edit the red parts to suit your needs. Keep the double-quotes:
- “number” => who will be called, in international format, without the +
- “sender_id” => put in the number that the receiver sees as the caller, in international format without the +. The sender id might not work in all countries.
- “tts_lang” => spoken language, options are
- da-DK (Danish)
- nl-NL (Dutch)
- en-AU (English Australian)
- o en-GB (English – British)
- en-US (English – USA)
- fr-FR (French)
- fr-CA (French – Canadian)
- de-DE (German)
- it-IT (Italian)
- pl-PL (Polish)
- pt-PT (Portuguese)
- ru-RU (Russian)
- es-ES (Spanish)
- es-US (Spanish – USA)
- sv-SE (Swedish)
- “tts_voice” => voice of man or woman
- “tts_text” => your text to speech string goes here. Minimum length 10 characters and maximum length 500.
8 – add HTTP Headers:
Authorization: Token XXXXXXXXXXX
Where Token XXXX is your Fortytwo.com API token
9 – Save your action as a template named voice call etc.
That’s it! Now press your bttn and Fortytwo.com will call the number!